SUMMARY – Enterprise Analyst
Responsible for the implementation, development and support of enterprise and departmental information systems designed to improve business function.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- – Assist with the overall support of enterprise software across all environments.
- – Act as first level support for one or more PeopleSoft modules, including Human Resources, Financials, Financial Aid, Student Records, or others.
- – Support other enterprise software, such as Perceptive Content.
- – Provide guidance and assistance to peers in troubleshooting complex system design problems.
- – Consult with customers in order to determine their information gathering and management requirements and help them to develop specifications for functional, cost efficient systems that will meet current and future business needs.
- – Assist in the development and review of RFPs involving information systems purchases.
- – Assist functional users in the development of procedures and documenting of processes.
- – Develop automated business process flows within PeopleSoft, Perceptive Content, Gideon Taylor, and other software.
- – Develop, analyze and test application access, roles and privileges.
- – Assist with the monitoring, downloading and application of application upgrades, updates and fixes.
- – Troubleshoot problems and provide user support for systems implemented by Information Technology.
- – Submit software problems to vendors, monitor and manage the requests, and apply resolutions.
- – Work directly with external software developers in order to integrate with other systems or resolve product issues.
- – Work with customers and/or project managers to gather requirements. Provide direction and documentation regarding products or system processes that meet these needs. Research and investigate new functionality.
- – Work with team members to deploy software and ensure that systems run efficiently and effectively.
- – Develop software interfaces for disparate systems.
- – Design, develop, maintain and support custom relational database management systems.
- – Regular attendance during normal scheduled hours is required. Being present is essential for serving customers and performing the essential functions of this position.
- – Other duties as assigned.
MARGINAL (Non-Essential) JOB FUNCTIONS
– Keep abreast of changing technologies and investigate new software solutions in order to make recommendations for improvement.
– Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field or bachelor’s degree in another field with significant coursework in one of those disciplines.
- – A minimum of 3 years’ experience as an application developer, business analyst, or equivalent (in higher education preferred)
- – Experience with PeopleSoft or similar ERP offering integrated Human Resources, Finance, and Student Information Systems preferred
- – Proficiency with PeopleCode or similar language preferred
- – Relational database architecture experience (Oracle preferred) and proficiency in SQL based query, programming, and reporting tools such as SQR, COBOL, Toad, Java and BI Publisher
- – Experience analyzing, programming/designing database software, and unit testing
- – Project management background including analyzing and developing project requirements and specifications, timeline development, stakeholder coordination, ROI analysis, budgeting, and reporting preferred
- – Prior experience with Document Management systems (e.g. Perceptive Content, OnBase) and Student Information and Financial Aid Management Systems (e.g. Colleague, Banner, Jenzabar, Sigma SAM) a plus
- – Design and/or development of application-to-application communication interfaces
- – Sitting or standing for long periods
- – Long periods at a computer discerning detail from less than a few feet away
- – Repetitive movements
- – Create and comprehend verbal and written English communication to and from various constituents.
- – Maintain a clear focus on customer service.
- – Maintain emotional control under stress related to short deadlines and multiple projects.
- – Must be exacting in work and pay close attention to detail.
- – Must be willing and able to learn customer functional areas of operation (e.g. Human Resources, Student Records, Financial Aid).
- – Frequent interruptions, hectic pace, quick deadlines, and after hours and weekend work when required
- – Requirements to visit other offices and remote sites and otherwise work outside the office environment
- – Long periods of intense concentration reviewing data and information
- – Work is in close proximity to other people in a shared office space.
- – Some travel for training will be required.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Grand Rapids Community College is only accepting online applications for this position. Please apply at https://www.grcc.edu/jobs. Submit a cover letter and resume in one document. Application instructions including how to upload attachments can be found here. The opportunity to apply for this position will close on October 27, 2017, at 11:59 PM ET. Individuals with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Grand Rapids Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Grand Rapids Community College creates an inclusive learning and working environment that recognizes the value and dignity of each person. It is the policy and practice of GRCC to provide equal educational and employment opportunities regardless of age, race, color, religion, marital status, sex/gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, height, weight, national origin, disability, political affiliation, familial status, veteran status or genetics in all programs, activities, services, employment and advancement including admissions to, access to, treatment in, or compensation in employment as required by state and federal law. GRCC is committed to reviewing all aspects of GRCC programs, activities, services and employment, including recruitment, selection, retention and promotion to identify and eliminate barriers in order to prevent discrimination on the basis of the listed protected characteristics. The College will not tolerate any form of retaliation against any person for bringing charges of discrimination or participating in an investigation. Further information may be obtained from the EEO Office or the Office of General Counsel, 143 Bostwick Avenue NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503-3295.