Scholarships of up to $1000 are available to a limited number of incoming, first-year students who have indicated an interest in majoring in either computer science or information systems. These scholarships are available to a select group of students who meet the following minimum requirements: a high school GPA of 3.5 and an ACT score of 28. The scholarship is dependent on maintaining certain academic standards while at GVSU.
When an incoming, first-year student has met the following eligibility criteria, an invitational letter to apply for this academic scholarship will be sent by the School of Computing & Information Systems to them. The letter will include the application with the explanation for Direct Admission to the School of CIS.
- The student must be admitted to Grand Valley State University and have declared the intent to major in either Computer Science or Information Systems.
- The student must have at least high school GPA of 3.5 and an ACT score of 28.
- The student must be enrolling at GVSU as a full-time student.
- Application (form sent with application letter):https://gvsu.academicworks.com/opportunities/1908
The application requires submission of the following:
- A completed Scholarship Application Form.
- An essay explaining the student’s academic goals. The essay must be typewritten and double-spaced (approximately two pages).