The CS minor introduces students to develop software. It complements technical degrees such as mathematics, engineering and information systems.
The following minor requires a minimum GPA of 2.0 to be approved.
Required Courses (23 Credits):
- CIS 162 Computer Science I
- CIS 163 Computer Science II
- CIS 241 System Level Programming and Utilities
- CIS 263 Data Structures and Algorithms
- CIS 350 Introduction to Software Engineering
- CIS 353 Database Management and Implementation
- MTH 225 Discrete Structures: Computer Science
- AND Select One (3-4 credits):
- CIS 343 Structure of Programming Languages
- CIS 351 Computer Organization and Assembly Language
- CIS 457 Data Communications