Students pursuing secondary teacher certification are required to have a teachable major and a teachable minor. The CS Ed minor can be combined with any teachable major but is especially appropriate for mathematics and science majors.
The following minor requires a GPA of 2.7 to be recommended for teacher certification.
- CIS 162 Computer Science I
- CIS 163 Computer Science II
- CIS 231 Problem Solving Using Spreadsheets
- CIS 233 Concepts of Database Systems
- CIS 237 Introduction to Network Management
- CIS 309 Teaching Computer Science
- CIS 351 Computer Organization and Assembly Language
- MTH 225 Discrete Structures: Computer Science I
(or MTH 227 Linear Algebra I, for Math Certification Majors)