The School of Computing and Information Systems Advisory Board (CISAB) is composed of the School Director and at least 12 leading Computer Science and Information Systems experts in western Michigan. The Board meets twice each year and advises the school on curriculum development and continuing education. It also serves as an important contact between the school and the computing community.
- Obtain advice on all matters pertaining to the Computer Science and Information Systems curriculum (goals, curriculum development, and modifications to content of current courses).
- Keep current with the area company requirements for entry-level computing positions (both technical and non-technical skill requirements).
- Communicate a clearer understanding of our CIS majors and minors.
- Promote more job oportunities for our CS and IS graduates
- Promote more internship opportunities for our CS and IS majors
- Obtain advice on continuing education offerings. Explore the potential need for onsite company training.
- Obtain guest lecturers and adjunct faculty from area companies.
- Foster an understanding of the strengths and areas of specialization of the CIS faculty, who could serve as resources to companies.
- Identify company personnel and their areas of expertise who could serve as resources to the School of Computing and Information Systems.
- Identify areas of mutual interest in order to develop collaborative programs, such as joint research projects and faculty/industry exchanges.
Advisory Board Members
IT Vice President
Herman Miller, Inc.
Engineering & Operations VP
The Iserv Company
CIO & VP of Enterprise Operations
Director, Embedded Systems Software
GE Aviation Systems
SVP & Chief Information Officer
President and Co-founder
Atomic Object LLC
Director Information Technology
National Heritage Academies
VP & CIO
Gordon Food Service
Vice President & CIO
Vice President of Enterprise Systems
Service Express, Inc.
Information Systems and Technology